Relief For Your Tired Strained Eyes
Staying connected is an integral part of today’s world, and the majority of people in North America use tablets, computers and smartphones daily. We spend our lives surrounded by the digital world, and although convenient, all that screen time can lead to computer vision syndrome.
Computer vision syndrome (also referred to as digital eye strain) is a group of vision-related issues that stem from prolonged use of digital screens.
At Pacific EyeCare Optometry, we provide relief for sore, tired eyes resulting from computer vision syndrome. Contact us today!
Causes of Computer Vision Syndrome
- Reading without taking a break to rest your eyes
- Driving long distances
- Exposure to bright lights or glare
- Dim lighting
Your eye strain may be referred to as computer vision syndrome when symptoms occur after spending extended amounts of time on digital screens. Tablets and computers place high demands on your eyes. Viewing distances and angles, the glare of the monitor, and poor posture and ergonomics may contribute to symptoms of computer vision syndrome.
Tips For Computer Vision Syndrome
The 20-20-20 rule can help provide additional relief: Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 minutes.
Here are some tips to help manage your symptoms:
- Take some quick stretch breaks!
- Adjust the lighting in the room and attempt to reduce glare.
- Adjust the height of your monitor.
- Adjust your screen settings.
- Blink often to refresh your eyes.
Freedom From Computer Vision Symptoms
Some symptoms for other eye conditions can resemble the symptoms of computer vision syndrome, but we can help to identify the cause of your discomfort and provide treatment.
Visit Us Today
Come and visit us in Los Angeles. You’ll find our practice on W. Washington Boulevard, between Laurent’s “Le” Coffee Shop and Choco Vivo Cafe, on the same block as the Brasil Brasil Cultural Center. We have metered parking right out front and rooftop parking you can access via Colonial Avenue!
- 12461 W. Washington Boulevard
- Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Monday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed