Focusing on Your Vision Health
At Pacific EyeCare Optometry, we test for glaucoma in every routine eye exam. Early detection and swift treatment can save your vision. Using advanced diagnostic technology, we’ll work hard to detect this disease in its earliest stages.
Protecting your vision is our top priority! Contact us today to book your next eye exam.
Common Types of Glaucoma
Your eye continuously creates a clear fluid called aqueous humor. As aqueous humor is made, it fills the front part of your eye, then leaves through channels in your cornea and iris. When these channels are blocked, intraocular pressure in your eye (IOP) increases.
Increased IOP can result in damage to the optic nerve, causing vision loss.
There are several types of glaucoma, but the most common types are:
- Normal-tension glaucoma: This condition damages the optic nerve without affecting IOP levels.
- Open-angle glaucoma: This condition occurs when the drainage angle between your iris and pupil remains open, but the fluid isn’t draining correctly to maintain normal IOP.
- Closed-angle glaucoma: This condition occurs when the drainage angle between your iris and pupil closes, which causes a rapid increase in IOP levels.
It’s imperative to note that acute closed-angle glaucoma is a severe medical emergency that requires intervention from a medical professional to prevent vision loss.
- Sudden headaches
- Severe headaches
- Severe Eye pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurry vision
- “Halos” around lights
If our office is closed, please proceed to the nearest emergency room or urgent care center.
What Happens Next?
Pacific EyeCare Optometry will remain at your side throughout your diagnosis & treatment. Detecting glaucoma in its early stages, routine eye exams, and high-quality treatment can help you maintain your eyesight. Our eye care experts can help you live with this disease.
Visit Us Today
Come and visit us in Los Angeles. You’ll find our practice on W. Washington Boulevard, between Laurent’s “Le” Coffee Shop and Choco Vivo Cafe, on the same block as the Brasil Brasil Cultural Center. We have metered parking right out front and rooftop parking you can access via Colonial Avenue!
- 12461 W. Washington Boulevard
- Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Monday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed